Are you want to become a civil engineer ? The question must arises in your mind that how to become a civil engineer ? firstly I must clear you that the civil engineering is an interesting career. Civil engineering main aims at the design, planning, estimating, management and team work. If you wanted to become a civil engineer then you can work as site engineer in the construction site or as designer. Civil engineering has dual benefits if you like to go out, you can take your profession as site engineer. If you like to do office work then you can be a designer or estimate planner of the construction project.
As I like my profession very much and I have keen interest in civil engineering. The person who do civil engineering are more creative than others. As they think big and construct big infrastructure. Oh! construct big or tall building is not necessary but constructing a good infrastructure with having strength and all engineering aspects of construction is great. Its better to know how to become a civil engineer and what is civil engineering? So be sure that if you are a civil engineer or pursuing civil engineering then your main aim is to build a long lasting building with lower cost and in less time period.
What are the courses to become a civil engineer ?
When you completed your higher secondary school or 12th board, you have to do B.tech in Civil Engineering. Which means bachelor in technology. B.Tech in civil engineering is very professional to sound and for execution of your study. You must have keen interest on your subject later you will how to become a civil engineer.
There is another options to become a civil engineer. Now again arises a question in your mind how to become a civil engineer after 10th? Let me explain about it. If you have passed your 10th board secondary education exam then also you can pursue for civil engineering. After 10th exam, you could take admissions in polytechnic college as diploma in civil engineering. There is also a demand of diplomat in civil engineering in companies for a job.
If again you get puzzled how to become a civil engineer and get a master degree ? Here I am going to explain you how get a master degree in civil engineering ? Further if you would pursue for M.Tech courses in civil engineering, then there are many different streams which you have to select. The purpose of doing M.Tech courses in civil engineering is to get master degree in particular field and for exploring the knowledge. Following are the courses of M.Tech :-
- Environmental engineering
- Building technology and construction management
- Hydraulic and water resources engineering
- Structural engineering
- Geo-technical engineering
Know more about M.Tech courses in Civil Engineering. CLICK HERE
Must Read :- Planning to do Civil Engineering? Learn More
Know How To Become a Civil Engineer ?
1. Understand the meaning of civil engineering :- As I have already describe the work of a civil engineer. But making it more interesting again I am going to describe it. Civil engineering is a branch in engineering which deals with the construction, planning, designing and drafting. With all these a civil engineer also estimates the cost of a project, schedules the work, also works to do construction management and represent himself as leader of the team. Because without having a team the construction process can not be completed. Now understanding the meaning of civil engineering clears your doubt little much that how to become a civil engineer ?
2. Having skills :- If you are pursuing civil engineering, then you must enhance your skills in the field of construction. You must have command on mathematics. Also you must know which subject of civil engineering is to be used during the construction. During your B.Tech you already have learned many different subjects and you also have given the exam of each and every subject. So you have command over these subject to become a good civil engineer. Having skills in civil engineering clears your all doubt to how to become a civil engineer ?
3. Choose a appropriate study program :- If you asking that how to become a civil engineer ? Then you must opt civil engineering branch in your study program to become a civil engineer. As there are many branches in which you can pursue your study. When you get the admission for pursuing civil engineering your maximum doubt of becoming a civil engineer will be cleared. Also you can do master degree in Civil engineering. So selecting a appropriate study program is necessary to become a civil engineer.
4. Field work knowledge :- If you want to become a good civil engineer then your first priority is to acquire knowledge of civil engineering. Theory is good to acquire knowledge but you also must have a practical knowledge. So when you are going for any internship program then must go through a good company. Also you can join many workshops, to acquire or to get knowledge from there. In college, there are many experiment of civil engineering which are done. At that you must be aware to learn the methods and procedure of the experiments. Most probably your doubt i.e. how to become a civil engineer will be cleared during your training program. When you exactly go the construction site for practicing and knowing more about civil engineering. When you do any practical work then you never forget it and this experience you more.
5. Get you degree and join a company for your profession :- When you successfully done your B.Tech, Diploma or M.tech without any back logs then you will get a final degree from you university. You must put your degree in-front of the company for your placement along with the resume. If your interview is good and you have civil engineering skills, then the the company will hire you for their work and give you a project to work on it. If you not able to find a construction companies list then here are the list of construction companies of different regions.
- Construction Companies In Hyderabad
- List of Construction Companies In India
- Construction Companies In Mumbai
- List Of Construction Companies In Kolkata
- construction companies in Delhi
- construction companies in Hyderabad
- construction companies in Banglore
- List of construction companies in Chennai