If you want to be a civil engineer or going to be a civil engineering than it is imperative for you to know the average civil engineering salary. Civil engineering is one of the most successful branches among all the technical branches. No matter where you are from but the amount of work that is going in and around the world in this branch has positively influenced your mind and brain and probably insisted you take civil engineering as your career. The beauty of this branch is that it is one of the core branches of engineering which is full of opportunities and possibilities.
In reality, civil engineers earn a lot, but the average civil engineering salary do vary on various factors. One of the most important factors affecting the average civil engineering salary is the location or area where the job is being carried out. According to various researches, it was found that the Gulf countries give a better opportunities and possibilities to all the civil engineering aspirants in terms jobs due to an extensive amount construction that has been taking place for the last two decade which changed the face of these countries.
Outlook Of The Average Civil Engineering Salary
Over the years, the average civil engineering salary has seen a significant lift as compared to what it had been in the past. Although, in past this field saw a few downfall in the average salary this could not change the affection that the aspirant carries in their minds. According to market researchers, it was found that despite a projected demand of 95 billion sq.feet real estates and construction by 2020, the sector faces a manpower crisis. A research report ‘ Real Estate and Construction Professional in India by 2020’ by RICS ( Royal Institute Of Chartered Surveyor ) indicates a possible demand supply gap of 4 million core professionals comprising civil engineers, architects and planners by 2020.
Built environment is comprising construction and real estate related activities, is one of the major contributors to the Indian economy, accounting 17.7 % of the GDP in 2009-2010. The demand-supply of civil engineers in India is not sharing the equal share due to which the construction industry in India faces an acute shortage of skilled labours, and the limited amount of civil engineers get paid in higher wage rates which directly uplifts the average civil engineering salary.
As we have already discussed that the average civil engineering salary is greatly influenced by the location of the job but apart from this there is one factor that affects the average civil engineering salary is the experienced that a civil engineer carries with him/her. This branch requires an immense amount of capability to turn the table when the situations are adverse and this only through experience.
According to various market researchers, it can be stated that the average civil engineering salary in India lies in between 200000-300000 per year. The average civil engineer salary of a general government India employee lies in between 2,35,000-2,40,000 for freshers. The highest paying skills in this job are Project Engineer, Project Management and Design Engineer. Moreover, the institution factor is also an important element affecting the average starting package salary as the IIT students are get paid in between 6,00,000-7,00,000; private engineering student package is 2,00,000-3,00,000. In America, starting package is 18,00,000 whereas in Singapore, starting package is 12,00,000.
The Average Civil Engineering Salary In Top Construction Companies In India
It is a matter of great importance that how much you are going to be paid by the top construction companies in India at the present status of the civil engineer. India has those top construction companies that are doing an excellent job in creating a job for the native people and making a mark at the global stage. These construction companies also recruite on the basis of Gate Exam Score. Here we are providing an outlook of average civil engineering salary paid by some of the top construction companies in India.
- Larsen and Toubro (L&T): The average civil engineering salary in L&T is Rs.2,30,000-Rs.10,50,000 per annum which is 90% below the national average. Civil engineer’s salary at L&T can also range from Rs. 10,619-Rs. 70,798 per month.
- TATA Project Limited: The average civil salary in TATA Project Limited lies in between Rs.2,59,017-Rs.12,26,153 approx.
- DLF: A Civil Engineer earns an average salary of Rs 3,50,000 per year. Experience strongly influences pay for this job. The highest paying skills associated with this job project are Project Management and Engineering Design. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this field.
- TATA Project Limited: The average salary of a civil engineer in TATA Project Limited is Rs. 2,10,000-Rs. 12,00,000 approx.
- Unitech: The average civil engineering salary in Unitech varies from Rs.2,00,000-Rs.11,50,000. The pay with due course of time increases with the experience of the employee.
- GMR: The average salary of a civil engineer in highway road construction is around 8,00,000 with 6-9 years of experience. Whereas with an experience of over nine years the average salary rises to as high as Rs. 15,00,000 per annum.
- Gammon India: The average salary of a structural engineer at Gammon India with 3-6 of experience ranges higher than Rs. 4,00,000 per annum.
- Simplex Infrastructures: With an experience of 3-6 years in general building construction a civil engineer can earn around 3.5 lacs to 4 lacs or more. An employee with 6-9 years of experience can earn 5 lacs or more and with an experience of more than 9 years the average civil engineering salary touches around Rs. 9Lacs and above at simplex infrastructures.
- IVRCL Infrastructure & Projects: With an experience of less than 3 years, a civil engineer in the field of construction management can earn around 2.5 lacs, but with an experience of 3-6 years the salary ranges in between 3 lacs- 4.5 lacs, moreover with an experience of more than 9 years the salary touches around 10 lacs or more.
- Nagarjuna Constructions company: With an experience of fewer than 3 years a civil engineer in the field of construction management can earn around 2.6 lacs-3 lacs, but with an experience of 3-6 years the salary ranges in between 4.1 lacs- 4.5 lacs, more over with an experience of more than 9 years the salary touches around 10 lacs or more.
The average civil engineering salary in India varies with respect to companies, locations and experience, which is the most important factor affecting the average wage of civil engineers. Thus, it is recommended that a civil engineer should not be bothered about his salary at the beginning of the career in civil engineering as the pay increases with experience.